Friday, December 14, 2007

Dear God, please let there be another oil boom, I promise I won't piss it away this time.

I know what you're thinking and the answer is: yes, I did ride on a helicopter today. My friend called me up last night around 8 to see if I wanted to go out drinking, I told him: "Sorry man, I'm going offshore tomorrow which means I have to get up at around 2:30 am." He says "Well, aren't you lucky." I'm can't decide if he was being sarcastic, I love going offshore.

Up at two thirty am in order to be at the heliport for six. Please forgive any spelling, or grammer mistakes I'm really tired right now?

These old guard oil field guys are full of great stories and one-liners, I'll relate one story I heard today and then a few of my favorite one-liners (I never saw the sign I used for the above title, but it's reported to be somewhere near Lubbock), then I'm going to fais-do-do.

So this one well in the field I was in today has been producing oil continuously since 1955. For it's 50th birthday, the operator got an old christmas tree (which is what you call the head of a well string) and had it blasted and painted real nice and had a plaque made listing the amount oil this well had produced in its 50 years. So last year, the field superintendent, who I'm told was a great guy, retired. The guys in the field convince the operator to take this monument and ship it to north Louisiana and put it in this guys yard. Great tribute right? Can you imagine having a big (approx. 3'X3'X5') chunk of iron, painted bright yellow, planted like a tree in your front yard?


"He didn't know whether to scratch his watch or wind his ass."
""___insert any number of unintelligible catch phrases everyone but me thinks is absolutely hilarious here ____."
"There's no such thing as an oil spill at night."
"Your wife's like mine huh, two assholes... one she shits with, one she sends to work."

I've got more, but my brain is too tired to remember any right now.

No comments: