Monday, November 12, 2007

Yo, I'm one with my gun, I love it like my first son It protects me and makes sure the jakes respect me

My first gun:


The 1911 was the standard issue sidearm for all officers in every branch of the US military starting in… that’s right 1911. It’s not anymore, it was replaced by the Baretta 92FS because of some BS about 9mm vs .45. It's still carried by badass guys like Deltas and SEALs.


Glock 22:

Pretty common to find on the hips of Law Enforcement and Military, no frills, all business. This is a .40 caliber, which is relatively new caliber that's rapidly popularizing, because you get a lot more bang than a 9mm, but this one holds 15 rounds, whereas with a .45 you're lucky to fit 12 (the 1911 carries 8.) I also have a laser for this one. I think I might trade this one for a H&K USP, which was designed from the ground up for the .40.


Walther P990:

The new James Bond has one of these, I had one first. Its small, fits in your hand like a dream, and could shoot bulls eyes out if the trigger wasn't so complicated.


Browning Hi-Power:

Designed by John Browning, the same designer of the 1911, popular in Ireland. I got custom grips made for mine that read “SI VIS PACEM” on one side and “PARA BELLUM” on the other. “If you seek peace, prepare for war.” I think I’m going to get wood though.

My mom has a deal with my dad, if he gets a handgun, he also gets a divorce. My dad came to visit me a few weeks ago, and I think that the main reason he wanted to come was to shoot my pistols.

It may be kind of an expensive hobby, but I like it. I’m thinking about trading in the Walther for one of these:
I have kind of a thing for the two-tones.

No comments: